Do you have a game day approaching? The arrival of fall in the United States always brings about the excitement of sporting events such as football or ice hockey. When you get invited to the big game, it’s always smart to be prepared fashion-wise.
No matter what type of event you attend, you are going to encounter big crowds and several lines, so it’s important that you’re comfortable. Constance Dunn of PracticalGlamour.com provides great tips on game-day fashion.
Game Day Fashion Tips
Avoid heels and open-toed shoes
Walking long distances, navigating through crowds, waiting in line – who wants to do those types of activities in heels? Instead, opt for some comfortable flats or motorcycle type boots.
Style up top – sense down below
Since it’s inevitable that you’ll be moving between hoards of people, wearing jeans or other durable slacks is ideal. That doesn’t mean you can’t still look cute. Dress up with a pretty blouse or a decorative team shirt.
Don’t forget to accessorize
Consider the following accessories to enhance your game day look:
- Statement earrings or bracelet
- Cute jacket (good to have just in case!)
- Bright lips – looks polished and adds a pop of color
- Blend everything well – you’ll be sitting very close to other people
- Peppermints – in case the “kiss cam” comes your way
For summer events
- Don’t forget the sunblock
- Bring a hat (can be a stylish yet sensible accessory)
- If jeans are too hot, consider some loose summer pants with a fitted top.
Photo by Milada Vigerova on Unsplash