Give your next beef taco dinner a new twist by making a hearty one-dish casserole. Of course there are thousands of noodle casserole recipes, but this one has a new slant–tasty south of the border flair.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 ounces dry extra wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 2 cups frozen Southwest mixed vegetables (corn, black beans, red peppers)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place uncooked noodles in baking dish.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain. Add vegetables, undrained tomatoes, enchilada sauce and water to skillet; stir. Bring to a boil. Pour mixture over noodles.
- Cover dish tightly with foil; bake 15 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with cheese and cover with foil. Bake 10 minutes more or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- You can add taco seasoning while cooking the beef and you can substitute chopped or diced canned tomatoes for Ro*Tel® tomatoes.
Image credit: ReadySetEat.com