A protein smoothie that tastes like pumpkin pie – that’s right. The recipe creator, Sally, describes her creation as a “drinkable pumpkin pie.” What can be better than that during the holiday season (or anytime really) than a pumpkin protein-rich smoothie that tastes like homemade pumpkin pie?
Sally at SallysBakingAddiction.com explains that a secret ingredient is a frozen banana to give this smoothie a creamy base. The recipe calls for vanilla Greek yogurt (protein), skim milk (a little more protein), maple syrup, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Remember that it’s easy to make your pumpkin pie spice. Undoubtedly, you will add this drink to your collection of protein shake recipes. I certainly have.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt1
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup ice
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed.
- Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick.
- Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture.
- Add more spices to taste.
- If you want a thicker texture, add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture.
- You can add more spices to taste.
Recipe image via SallysBakingAddiction.com